Can a Canadian Citizen Invest in My Syndicate?

Yes, but if your investment entity is a limited liability company, they could be double-taxed in the United States and Canada unless they have their own C Corp or Limited Partnership that makes the investment on their behalf. They need to seek the advice of their own international tax advisor. This won’t happen if your investment entity is a limited partnership or a corporation.

Also, your tax advisor will have to understand FIRPTA (Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act), as you may have to withhold taxes from their distributions and send it to the IRS unless they invest through one of the above entities.