In an interview with Rod Khleif on “The Lifetime Cash Flow Through Real Estate Investing Podcast,” Kim talks about creating and managing successful real estate ventures. As a Securities attorney — and an investor herself — Kim helps real estate investors with all aspects of raising money through private investors.
Among the topics covered in the podcast (Episode #58):
- The typical timeline of a syndication.
- When is the right time to hire a syndication attorney?
- The most effective way to develop a database of potential investors.
- What is a security and what are security laws?
- The 2 laws that apply to all real estate investors.
- When do securities laws apply?
- What is a passive investor?
- What is an active investor?
- The 2 most commonly used exemptions for real estate offerings.
- The 3 types of investors.
- What is an accredited investor?
- What is a sophisticated investor?
- What is “The Three Touch Rule?”
- What is a 506 (b) offering?
- What is a 506 (c) offering?
- What is a blind pool?
- What is an investment summary?