On the “Commit to Wealth Podcast,” Kim Lisa Taylor discusses the syndication process with host Juan Vargas in “case study” fashion. The podcast takes listeners through the real estate securities and syndication process, including when to engage the help of a securities attorney.
Click here to listen to the podcast.
On a recent episode of Jake & Gino (hosted by Jake Stenziano and Gino Barbaro), Kim shared a presentation explaining the basics of Syndication and Securities Law, entitled, “What’s a Security and Why it Matters.” Among some of the points discussed:
- What are Securities
- Understanding How Securities Laws Apply
- Determining Your Business Structure
- Preparing the Offering Package
If you have been borrowing money from individuals consistently, you may have been selling a security without even knowing. Kim Lisa Taylor discusses how to tell if you’re selling securities and what paperwork is required in an interview with Joe Fairless on his podcast, The Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever. Click here to listen to the interview.
In an interview with Rod Khleif on “The Lifetime Cash Flow Through Real Estate Investing Podcast,” Kim talks about creating and managing successful real estate ventures. As a Securities attorney — and an investor herself — Kim helps real estate investors with all aspects of raising money through private investors.
Among the topics covered in the podcast (Episode #58):
- The typical timeline of a syndication.
- When is the right time to hire a syndication attorney?
- The most effective way to develop a database of potential investors.
- What is a security and what are security laws?
- The 2 laws that apply to all real estate investors.
- When do securities laws apply?
- What is a passive investor?
- What is an active investor?
- The 2 most commonly used exemptions for real estate offerings.
- The 3 types of investors.
- What is an accredited investor?
- What is a sophisticated investor?
- What is “The Three Touch Rule?”
- What is a 506 (b) offering?
- What is a 506 (c) offering?
- What is a blind pool?
- What is an investment summary?
If you are planning to purchase multifamily properties – especially larger ones – you no doubt will want to consider syndication as a means to financing them. Often, the investor knows little about what syndication even is – or what it involves. In a November 2016 interview with Bill Manassero on his “Old Dawgs REI Network Podcast,” Kim answers those and many other questions in this primer on multifamily syndication. Sit back, listen and enjoy! And then we invite you to contact us to learn even more. Click here to listen.